This Sweet Potato Fried Rice recipe is a game changer for anyone who loves to eats rice.
One of my favorite foods to order for take out is fried rice, so I choose this option often for a healthier route instead.
Sweet Potato Fried Rice is a gluten free recipe making in the perfect side dish any time of the day. I’ve eaten it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a late snack.
This recipe is easy to make and is ready in less than 10 minutes. It’s perfect to store away for meal prep and can be reheated easily. Just simply replace this recipe when you have a recipe that calls for rice, for a healthier gluten free option.
For this recipe, I always start with washing, peeling, and spiralizing my sweet potatoes. Once they are spiralized, it’s easier to cut them up into rice size bites.
Next, heat 1 TBSP olive oil over medium high heat. Once heated, add your sweet potato rice. Season with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix well.
Keep the heat on medium high to help let the sweet potato rice crisp up. I usually cook mine for about 8 or so minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the sweet potato rice has crisped up remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Fried Rice
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Wash, peel, and spiralize your sweet potatoes.
- Once spiralized, dice sweet potato into small rice size bites.
- Heat 1 TBSP of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add your sweet potato rice and seasonings. Mix well.
- Continue to cook for 8-10 minutes until sweet potato crisps up.
- Once crisped up, remove from heat, and Enjoy!