This recipe is so satisfyingly delicious, that it deserves to be on your weekly food prep menu! So simple to make, easy to re-heat, and whole 30 compliant, it makes for the perfect dish.
Growing up I was never a brussels sprout fan. Over the years I have learned to love them thanks to recipes like this Creamy Chicken Brussel Sprouts with Bacon recipe and my air fryer.
This recipe is easy to make and will for sure be a crowd pleaser. I usually double the recipe so I have extras for lunches throughout the week since it reheats so easily.
First prep and season your chicken. I seasoned with salt, pepper, and evoo. Add to a baking pan.
Prep your brussels sprouts by washing and cutting them. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and avocado oil and add them to the same baking pan as chicken. Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
While your chicken and brussels sprouts are baking, cook 5-6 strips of bacon. I used an air fryer but you can put them in the oven with the chicken for 10-12 minutes as well. I like the way the air fryer crisps up my bacon!
Dice small yellow onion and cook over ghee at medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add 3 cloves garlic, mix, and cook for several more minutes.
In a small bowl whisk 1 1/2 cup bone broth and 2 tablespoons tapioca flour. Make sure to mix well, ensuring there aren’t any clumps.
Add your bone broth mix into onions along with 1/2 tablespoon brown mustard, 1 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast, and 1/2 cup coconut milk. Bring to a boil while whisking. The smell is delicious!
Once your chicken and brussels sprouts are finished remove from oven and let cool. Cut up chicken and place into bottom of baking dish. Add your brussels sprouts on top, then pour your sauce mix over.
Add your chopped bacon and place into oven for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Remove from oven, let cool, then serve! What an amazing flavor combination this recipe offers!
Creamy Chicken Brussel Sprouts With Bacon
- 1 bag brussel sprouts, washed and cut in half
- 1-2 pounds chicken
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup bone broth
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 tbsp brown mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 5-6 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and cut brussel sprouts in half. Place on baking pan and season with salt, pepper, and avocado oil.
- Wash and place chicken on same baking pan, and season with salt, pepper, and evoo.
- Place into oven for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked and brussel sprouts are slightly crisped.
- Heat ghee over medium heat and add onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and cook for another several minutes.
- On the side, whisk bone broth and tapioca flour together ensuring no clumps are left.
- Add bone broth mixture into onions and garlic.
- Add brown mustard, nutritional yeast, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil while continuously whisking.
- Once chicken and brussel sprouts are finished remove from oven. Cut up chicken and place in to the bottom of a baking dish.
- Add brussel sprouts on top of chicken and pour bone broth sauce mixture evenly on top.
- Spread bacon on top and place into oven for 15 or so minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and serve!