You can never go wrong with stuffed peppers, especially stuffed peppers with lots of cheese on top…
These Southwest Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers are packed with flavor and loaded with vegetables to make up for all that cheese on top. With the perfect amount of kick they are flavorful and fun.
Growing up I always loved how colorful peppers were. I used to think they were fake! I always enjoy cooking with them because of their colorfulness and the flavor they bring. Red peppers are by far my favorite, especially stuffed red peppers.
Not only do these peppers look colorful and pretty but they taste pretty darn good. With all the spices and vegetables inside the crisp pepper, the flavors come together so well. Easily a favorite in our house.
This recipe is also super easy to re-heat for leftovers which is always a plus.
Southwest Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell peppers
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and peper
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat your olive oil and cook garlic and jalapeños until soft about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes until turkey is cooked through.
- Add your seasonings: cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Mix in corn, beans, and diced tomatoes. Reduce heat and simmer, cooking to blend flavors 5-10 minutes.
- Wash and cut out the top and middle and of your peppers. Remove seeds from inside. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the inside.
- Fill your peppers 3/4 full with meat mixture. Top with your shredded cheese. Place them in a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove, let cool. Enjoy!