I know I’m not the only one who looks forward to Taco Tuesday… of course I love to enjoy a taco any day of the week but Tuesdays just seem so fitting….
My past few taco adventures have been ground beef or turkey so I decided to tackle chicken this time around.
One of my favorite chicken recipes is cool ranch shredded chicken. SO GOOD! So I decided to blend that into my recipe.
For my boats I went for avocados but I think this blend would pair well with a sweet potato boat, zucchini boats, or a lettuce wrap!
I would have to say avocado boats are my absolute favorite… probably because I LOVE avocados!
The flavors here pair so well, between the cool ranch shredded chicken mixed with the jalapeños/onion/pepper mixture and the jalapeños and ranch topping.. so tasty !
Here is what you need:
- 2 jalapeños diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- half a green pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Homemade Dry Ranch Mix
- salt & pepper
- compliant ranch
- First Cook your chicken. I used the Instant Pot. But you can stove top as well. I added 1 cup of chicken broth, my homemade dry ranch seasoning, & salt and pepper to the Instant Pot. *Homemade Dry Ranch Mix*- parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, and dill.
- Turn Instant Pot to pressure cook for 10 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes to heat up.
- While chicken is cooking dice your onion, jalapeños, and green pepper. Saute in a pan over oil at medium heat until they soften. Add 2 cloves minced garlic and cook two more minutes.
- Once your chicken is finished let pressure release. Drain most of the liquid, leaving a little. Shred your chicken. Mix in the onion, pepper, jalapeño mix and stir.
- Cut open your avocados and scoop out some of the inside leaving a small well for your chicken. Add your chicken into your avocados and top with compliant ranch and scallions.